Wednesday, July 1, 2009

D.I.E.T.? Planning for the 4th of July

I’m planning for the 4th of July celebration.

Americans, we do love our food. On 4th of July we celebrate the birth of our nation and unfortunately the birth of a few extra pounds. This is another holiday that food is a huge part of. Where Family and Friends gather and share a wonderful meal, have lots of fun and celebrate this country. It is a comforting thought. It’s not comforting the next day when you say D.I.E.T.? (Did I Eat That?) Disappointment sets in. Not This Time! I am going to try to shave off a few points each day until Saturday the 4th. I am going to make teriyaki vegetables and Broccoli and pecan salad. This is going to help with balancing the meal out on the 4th. There will be all the other standard 4th of July food like, hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, BBQ pulled pork. Our friends are all bringing their specialty dishes and all I could say is Mmmmmmm. I didn't mention the desserts. Hence the shaving off a few points each day. Plan what you eat and eat what you plan. Stay strong.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment