Thursday, June 18, 2009

Get ready!! We start June 22, 2009

This weekend I am doing two things. 1st I am going to clean out the pantry and the refrigerator with all tempting foods that are not on my plan. 2nd I am going to the grocery store and shop for what is on my list. I have been asked if shopping for my son will distract me from what is on my list and if it will bring the tempting foods back into the house. I can defiantly say that the food my son eats are not appealing to me in the least. He is a grilled cheese, hot dog, hamburger and chicken kid, as most kids are. I do think this will give him a better sense of how he should eat and the junk food will no longer be in the house. Here is the grocery list. The daily menu is posted in the D.I.E.T.? 15 minute meal recipes blog.

GROCERY LIST

24 oz of beef round steak or beef roast (you can purchase more, slice up portions and freeze for next week).
5 lbs of boneless and skinless chicken breast
5- Low fat Breyers yogurt, (I like fruit on the bottom)
½ gallon skim milk
2-8 oz. Low fat Cream Cheese
8 oz. Low fat sour cream
1 doz. eggs
1 box Post, Selects Great Grains, raisins, dates & pecans
1 box Nabisco Wheat Thins, 5-grain crunch
1 bag of plain mini bagels, (Take out what you will be using for the week and freeze the rest)
1 loaf light whole wheat bread
1 box Lipton Vegetable recipe soup & dip mix
1 box Kellogg’s Fiber Plus Antioxidant chew bars.
1 lb of grapes
1 watermelon
3 bananas
Small jar of Low fat mayonnaise
1 Small bag of Carrots
Celery
1 tomato
1 small bag of salad mix
2 green bell peppers
1 red bell pepper
2 Vidalia onions
1 bunch of scallions
1 large bunch of broccoli
1 bulb of garlic
1 bunch of asparagus
10 mushrooms
1 zucchini
1 small red onion
1 head Chinese cabbage
1 oz packet chicken gravy dry mix
3 oz Gorgonzola Cheese
Corn starch
1 can baby corn ears
¼ loaf French baguette bread
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 pound cheese tortellini, without sauce
1-pound potato Pierogies
1 can fat free refried beans
1 jar of salsa
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp Tabasco sauce
1 cup salsa
1tea unsalted butter
Monterey jack shredded cheese
1 pound refrigerated potato gnocchi
9 oz fresh spinach ( you can put this in the freezer until ready to use).
15 oz. Jar Classico Creamy Alfredo four cheese sauce
15 oz. Jar Classico Sun-dried Tomato Alfredo Pasta Sauce
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Olive oil
1 quart Kitchen Clasic beef broth
1 box 10 minute instant brown rice
1 small bag frozen sugar snaps
1 bag frozen string beans
1 can bamboo shoots
1 cup stir-fry sauce

After you get everything unloaded and put away, make time to do a few things. Prep all the Meat and Vegetables. All the vegetables should be washed and put in a large container for storage and easy accessibility. The meats should be washed trimmed, cut into portions and put into separate baggies according to the recipes. You can freeze all meats until the day you cook them. In my Wok cooking recipes there are only two ways I cut my meat. Chicken is cut into bite size pieces. The Beef is cut in to 2 inch length by 1 inch across and 1/8 thin. Last thing, make your chicken salad and the vegetable cream cheese. Now all we have to do is stay on track. We have planed our meals and now we can eat our plan. Any questions please e-mail me. I will be happy to know that I have company.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

1 comment:

  1. Up to the garlic, your list is surprisingly what I would put on my grocery list when I am behaving. I will be interested to see how you incorporate 3 cheese alfredo into a healthy diet plan. Keep me posted...it's lookin' good, and certainly better than what I'm doing at my house right now! :)

    ReplyDelete